Views
Helpful
Replies

Sample logs for ISO 12.x, 13.x, 14.x and 15.x

amdhage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am implementing a few deivces with the newer version of IOS.
Before we proceed with the integrating these devices in our environment, I want to check and verify if there has been any change in error and event message formats.

Is it possible to get a copy of sample logs from devices running these version of IOS: 12.x, 13.x, 14.x and 15.x..?

Any pointer will really help me out on this one...

Thank you,

7 Replies 7

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There is no version 13 and 14 only 12 and 15 in IOS

Hi,

Is there any location where I could check the above details and jump from 12 to 15?
Since, I need these technical details for one of project information gathering.

Thank you,

you can get the release guides and configurations guides for each version release on the Cisco website where you download the actual ios version but I don't know specific locations for sample logs or if there is even one particular doc for that

There is going to be different log types though between 12 and 15 as new features were released in 15

There is this question then that comes my mind...

If the logging format different for an IOS version running on a router and IOS version running on an access point?

Or is the logging format going to be the same all over?

the logging format is configured same way and looks same usually throughout any IOS based device , but alert alarm types in logging may change as new features come out but there's no difference in setup between 12- 15  or how logging operates

The other thing that is there in my mind is that, since these devices, would be integrated with a SIEM tool.

I should not miss out on any of the critical information about the devices, and being getting ignored by the tool as unknown occurrence.

you can get very specific with the log types you setup once its configured correctly you wont miss anything if that's what you want or else you can chose to be notified just by certain logs

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card