Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sample of config for port mirroring

I have a 2960g that I need to mirror one port to 6 other ports, how would I go about configuring that?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello Jason, Cisco allow one to many with the - or , options. E.g.

Switch(config)# monitor session 1 source interface fastEthernet0/1

Switch(config)# monitor session 1 destination interface fastEthernet0/10 - 11

Which is 10 to 11
Or

Switch(config)# monitor session 1 destination interface fastEthernet0/10, fa0/12

Which is 10 and 12

(Syntax maybe slightly different as I'm just trying to remember from memory, but the comma and hyphen are the options you need)

Hope this helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Or:

Note: You can use monitor session session_number destination command multiple times to configure multiple destination ports.

In that Cisco link I gave in my post
E.g.

Switch(config)# monitor session 1 destination interface fastEthernet0/10

Switch(config)# monitor session 1 destination interface fastEthernet0/11

Switch(config)# monitor session 1 destination interface fastEthernet0/12

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Maybe this helps:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-2632

Hth
Alessio

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello, here's a basic example:

This is saying mirror / SPAN fa0/1 to the destination of fa0/10

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml

Hope this helps

Bilal, thanks but how about 1 to many?

Hello Jason, Cisco allow one to many with the - or , options. E.g.

Switch(config)# monitor session 1 destination interface fastEthernet0/10 - 11

Which is 10 to 11
Or

Switch(config)# monitor session 1 destination interface fastEthernet0/10, fa0/12

Which is 10 and 12

(Syntax maybe slightly different as I'm just trying to remember from memory, but the comma and hyphen are the options you need)

Hope this helps

Or:

Note: You can use monitor session session_number destination command multiple times to configure multiple destination ports.

In that Cisco link I gave in my post
E.g.

Switch(config)# monitor session 1 destination interface fastEthernet0/11

Switch(config)# monitor session 1 destination interface fastEthernet0/12

Hello

not posibble to have one tp many

however you can have a whole vlan to a span port
res
paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Bilal
isnt the OP refering to 1 to many imterfaces on a single span session - if so this isnt possible.

res
paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello Paul, my understanding might not be correct. I thought the OP was asking if one single port can be replicated to many other ports?

So from one interface, mirroring or SPANing to a bunch of ports. Same session.

In which case yes it is possible...

hello
maybe then my interpretation is incorrect

Kind Regards
Paul

You both were very helpful for me to get this done. I thought we weren't going to be able to send monitor destination to more than 2 interfaces. I was able to set it to Gi0/28-31, and Gi0/8-12 as well.

I still believe our enterprise needs a Gigamon implementation for sniffing, IDP, IPS, Web, AV, and other DMZ/internet monitoring things..

I'll see if these will work as-is, and we're still going to push for a dual-datacenter Gigamon w/ centralized monitoring tools.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: