cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Server can't ping anything, but other devices can ping it

Exoticbutter
Level 1
Level 1

I seem to have a problem with pinging. My IoT devices can ping the server, but the server can't ping anything, not even the router. I'm a beginner with a month's of study in networking only. Please tell me in detail why the server can't ping other devices. Any help will be much appreciated!

Due to limited image size, I have attached only limited images. Please help me figure it out!!

19 Replies 19

@paul driver Hi, I have already disabled all firewalls, but it still doesn't go through. 

Exoticbutter
Level 1
Level 1

@balaji.bandi I tried to ping end devices with server, but none of it works, it only works the other way, round devices -> server

Hello
No sure i understand you topology however you have a server 10.0.0.1 with no defailt gateway and a router with an ip address 10.0.0.10 with a default-gaeway of the server?

The router should be the one servicing the routing, as such try the following:
server

rtr

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks for the reply.

My server still doesn't ping. Regarding the topology, it's quite hard to explain. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'll send you the lab PDF.

Here is my pkt file for your reference. I tried everything

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card