cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Server cannot reach other pcs on VLANS

Mordecalex
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! Im just practicing VLANS and switching in packet tracer and just found out a problem. When i send a PDU from my server to one of my VLANS is drop out. I checked out everything and i dont really know what is going on. Im going to attach the PKT file. Please, ive been the whole night triying to figure out how to solver this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the default gateway for your server is set to 10.0.0.1, this address does not exist anywhere. You can use any of the available IP addresses on the adjacent layer 3 interfaces on any of the routers, I set it to 10.0.0.3. Also, there is no routing at all configured on any of the routers. I added OSPF (you could use RIPv2 or EIGRP as well).

Attached the revised file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

your gateway for server is at router0. so all reply packets for different network ranges are goes to router 0. since router 0 dont have idea about networks placed below in diagram, packet will drop. you can add related routes to router0 or change network topology with correct incoming and outgoing places in network. 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hello,

the default gateway for your server is set to 10.0.0.1, this address does not exist anywhere. You can use any of the available IP addresses on the adjacent layer 3 interfaces on any of the routers, I set it to 10.0.0.3. Also, there is no routing at all configured on any of the routers. I added OSPF (you could use RIPv2 or EIGRP as well).

Attached the revised file.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card