cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350x to ASR for Internet

pgreen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SG350x-48P that I have turned L3 on.  I have 4 VLANS that all have 172.16.15.0/26 and DHCP Pools for each.  They all hand out IP addresses on their respective interface that have the vlan membership.  I have one connection to and ASR1001 and a. /29 network address assigned as the default gateway.  From the 350 I can ping the internet without issue as long as the source isn't one of the 4 "gateways".  I can NOT ping outside the 350 from my PC getting an 172.16.15.10 address.  (it's gateway is the .1)

Can anyone help me with this?  I have no way of changing the config on the ASR.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @pgreen ,

>> I have no way of changing the config on the ASR.

unfortunately , you would need the following :

on ASR 1001:

static routes for the 4 subnets on the switch with next-hop the switch IP address on their direct link

and changes to NAT on the ASR 1001 to make source NAT happens for hosts in those 4 IP subnets.

NAT is not supported on switches so your other option is to add a router on the path between switch and ASR that will do NAT for your 4 subnets.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SG350x-48P  - is the switch does not do any NAT

all subnet need to be NAT on ASR - is this took place ?

You need to have device in between ASR and Switch does the NAT for you to work your expected setup.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @pgreen ,

>> I have no way of changing the config on the ASR.

unfortunately , you would need the following :

on ASR 1001:

static routes for the 4 subnets on the switch with next-hop the switch IP address on their direct link

and changes to NAT on the ASR 1001 to make source NAT happens for hosts in those 4 IP subnets.

NAT is not supported on switches so your other option is to add a router on the path between switch and ASR that will do NAT for your 4 subnets.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks!

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SG350x-48P  - is the switch does not do any NAT

all subnet need to be NAT on ASR - is this took place ?

You need to have device in between ASR and Switch does the NAT for you to work your expected setup.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for that.

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @pgreen ,

you should configure NAT/PAT on the SG350 for all 4 vlans that have 172.16.15.x IP addresses (inside) to the IP address you are using on the interface connecting to ASR1001.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card