Views
Helpful
Replies

Show DHCP client address on interface?

Daniel Jansma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

does someone know the command to show what the interface has for ip address from its ISP?

Show DHCP client address on interface?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Daniel,

I assume you are pertaining to a dynamic addressing from you isp modem/router?

sh ip interface brief

res

Pau

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello Daniel,

I assume you are pertaining to a dynamic addressing from you isp modem/router?

sh ip interface brief

res

Pau

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Pau,

yes thats what i meant.

i know that command but this what i get:

Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol

FastEthernet0              unassigned      YES DHCP   up                    up

And I know that the cable works fine, with the linksys it works at the Internet port.

Hello again,

If this is relating to your other exisitng post regarding no dhcp assignment please close this and rate  and we can work on the other posting currently active.

res

Paul

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

yes its from the same router.

How do i close this one?

Hello Daniel,

You should be able to close it from the menu at the top of the page-

Kind Regards
Paul

at the help it says i would be able to delete it:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/help?view=overview#discussions

but for me there is no delete button and it was no correct answer as well.

Hello Daniel,

Your initial question was answered - but as you stated I think you wanted to know why the interface wasnt getting an ip address which we now know is related to another post you have open.

res

Paul

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card