Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart license registration lost

Petr Nyvlt
Level 1
Level 1

I have issue with Cat9k smart license.

The switches was successfully registered  to CSSM.

After reload the license information dissapeared and the switches run again in evaluation mode.

Smart Licensing Status
======================

Smart Licensing is ENABLED

Export-Controlled Functionality: Not Allowed

License Authorization: 

Renewing the license with old token is not possible. The token is already expired.

%SMART_LIC-3-AGENT_REG_FAILED: Smart Agent for Licensing Registration with the Cisco Smart Software Manager or satellite failed: Error received from Smart Software Manager: {"token":["The token 'x...%0A' is not valid."]}

I asked customer to generate new token, but the registration fails with this error :

%SMART_LIC-3-AGENT_REG_FAILED: Smart Agent for Licensing Registration with the Cisco Smart Software Manager or satellite failed: Error received from Smart Software Manager: The product regid.2017-05.com.cisc......a and sudi containing udiSerialNumber:FCW....,udiPid:C9500-16X has already been registered.

How to proceed with that?

Is there some command to renew the licence registration for already registered switch?

Or do I have to ask customer to  deregister the switch from CSSM portal?

I am forced to use smart license because of 16.9.x IOSXE

I am only interested in Network Advantage licenses. What happens when evaluation licenses expire? Do the switches downgrade to Network Essentials license or stay with Advantage? 

3 Replies 3

allureddy
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem too. I have new switches with 16.9.2 with Eval license mode. How to make them registered?

I solved that with new registration token and parameter "force" in the end of the line

license smart register idtoken <idtoken> force

thank you Petr, that fix the problem

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card