Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP configuration issue

salman abid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have some issue while adding cisco switches on solarwinds.......from my switch i can ping solarwinds server but when i put the snmp community credentials in solarwinds and test it, i'm not able to test it successfuly

snmp-configuration on switch

snmp-server community V!3w#r RO 80

snmp-server community wR!t#r RW 80

snmp-server trap-source Vlan1111

kindly find the attached snapshot of solarwind configuration

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Salman,

I see that you have an access-list 80 applied to your community strings... So only the IP's that are permitted in the ACL can access it properly.

Could you tell me what the ip address of the Solarwinds NPM - im guess its 192.6.14.196? And show us the access-list 80. You can do this like 'show ip access-list 80' - This IP should be permitted.

Hope this helps

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Salman,

I see that you have an access-list 80 applied to your community strings... So only the IP's that are permitted in the ACL can access it properly.

Could you tell me what the ip address of the Solarwinds NPM - im guess its 192.6.14.196? And show us the access-list 80. You can do this like 'show ip access-list 80' - This IP should be permitted.

Hope this helps

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

@bilal Nawaz

thanks for the reply

yes u r right 192.6.14.196 was not permited in the ACL and i have added that in ACL

now it is working fine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card