Views
Helpful
Replies

SolarWinds Reporting and Configured Bandwidth

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I'm wondering where in the config I should configure the bandwidth that Solarwinds will use to measure the percent usage? For instance: under the interface command, if I configure bandwidth 1000, will SolarWinds  think that the interface is 1000000 mbps and display the interfaces' percent utilization based on that?

Thank you, Pat.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Pat,

With Solarwinds, it does take into account the bandwidth statement because that directly affects the interface BW. You can also, but I wouldn't recommend it, change the bandwidth under the interface in Solarwinds directly under "manage nodes\router\interface". There's a section for Customize Bandwidth. You'll notice that it references the bandwidth that you have configured under the interface. If you don't reference a specific bandwidth, it will use the bw that it finds for that interface using snmp.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Pat,

With Solarwinds, it does take into account the bandwidth statement because that directly affects the interface BW. You can also, but I wouldn't recommend it, change the bandwidth under the interface in Solarwinds directly under "manage nodes\router\interface". There's a section for Customize Bandwidth. You'll notice that it references the bandwidth that you have configured under the interface. If you don't reference a specific bandwidth, it will use the bw that it finds for that interface using snmp.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card