Views
Helpful
Replies

Solution Required

anand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a setup which is having Ethernet Modems which is connected to 20 different locations all are on the same network(192.168.1.0/24). in each location max. 2 PC's are connected, now when all the ppl. are trying to send the file from various locations to the centralized location, the network is getting choked. where as the we have Routers also, which is connected more than 40 locations, those network users are not affected, so i have suggested to implement VLAN by making the 20 locations in different VLAN, so is my solutions is correct? 1 more thing i can't suggest them to put routerz on 20 locationz because of expensive. so my plan is to put a Cisco 3750 L3 switch in centralized location & all the 20 locationz will b connected on L3 by creating VLAN's, am i right in what i have suggested to my organization?

2 Replies 2

albert.remo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

You're right, with this setup, you're separating the different locations into different broadcast domains.You'll just then have to use inter-VLAN routing so these VLAN would be able to see each other in the network. Since you will be using a Cisco 3750 L3 switch, this would be possible. Just like what the router has done on your other setup, the router separates the different locations into different broadcast domains.

Check out this link from Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00801cc828.shtml

Hope this helps Ü

Thanks and Regards,

Albert

Thanks for the info.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card