Views
Helpful
Replies

Some Questions about Good Old C6500-E

Peyman Zadmehr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi everybody

I know this is a little bit odd to ask these questions, But these questions are somehow important to me. Would you please help me in this regard:

1- I am considering using RSP720 on Cisco 6500-E. I could not find any technical notes about supporting this card on C6500. I want to know is RSP720 supported on C6500-E or not? The other way around is applicable.

2- No matter whether the RSP is supported or not I want to Use EoMPL over GRE while using RSP720(C7600 or C6500). I want to ask if this feature is supported or not and does it work in relatively high volumes of traffic(for example 2Gbps!!)

Thank you for your help and support.

Peyman

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can't use that card or a router processing card on the 6500-E , see for instance : https://www.provantage.com/cisco-systems-rsp720-3cxl-ge~7CSC87EY.htm , look for The Following Are Compatible With Cisco Systems RSP720-3CXL-GE=

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Dear Marc

Thank you for the answer. What about the second question?

The second question is actually for using RSP720 on C7600.

Thank you

Peyman

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card