cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stall for message queue 'iosd --> ftm' have been cleared

adamsau
Level 1
Level 1

We have several ISR 4331s in our environment that occasionally have the following log message. 

%IOSXE_SCHED-3-CONTINUE_PRODUCER: Stall for message queue 'iosd --> ftm' have been cleared, current queuedepth: 0 bytes

We have been researching this issue and we have not been able to find any information on this log message. So far, we have not noticed any impact to our equipment. Seeking general information at the moment. 

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Probably a bug , advising to use : https://software.cisco.com/download/home/285018115/type/282046477/release/Bengaluru-17.6.3a , latest advisory : check if that can help , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello,

I don't have a comprehensive answer, but I somewhere recall having seen this log message before, and running into the same issue, which is, there is next to no information whatsoever around to explain what exactly it means.

Either way, 'iosd' is the Cisco IOS Daemon that runs on top of the Linux kernel in IOS-XE, and 'ftm' is the Forwarding Traffic Manager. So it looks like there is some sort of dynamic message queuing between the IOS Daemon and the Forwarding Traffic Manager going on, with stalled messages being cleared, and the message queue returning to its default depth of 0. That is how I would interpret it...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card