Views
Helpful
Replies

Static route trouble

sotolearth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

I have a topology with 5 routers, 1 in the center and 2 routers on each side, see attached .pkt file in .zip format below.  I have to use static routes for this assignment so that I can ping from either side of the network to the hosts across from it.  I have the right side correct I think as I can ping to and from any of the networks on the right side.  On the left side I'm running into an issue where if I try to ping lets say from PC16(192.168.5.5) to PC3 (192.168.0.7) I get destination host unreachable errors.  Any insight to what I may being doing wrong I would appreciate.

Thank you for your time anyone who takes a look

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the IP addresses of your serial 0/2/0 and 0/3/0 interfaces on R1 were reversed. Also, on all 4 edge routers, you basically only need a static default route.

Attached the working file with end to end connectivity.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

the IP addresses of your serial 0/2/0 and 0/3/0 interfaces on R1 were reversed. Also, on all 4 edge routers, you basically only need a static default route.

Attached the working file with end to end connectivity.

Ah I thought I may have to use a default route but was not sure.  Thank you for help with this assignment.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card