Views
Helpful
Replies

stp compatibility

antmurcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem with the configuration of a LAN spanning tree in which I have distributed two different brands of electronics. there are a core of Enterasys S8 as a distrubution Enterasys B5124-48, while for access have distributed a number of Cisco 2950 and 2960.

The problem comes because I can not design an optimal configuration for spanning tree as the Cisco 2950 and 2960 do not converge. I tried all the settings:

- B5 with rtsp and 2950 with mst: I lose connectivity, but if I see all this equipment correctly, converge and make it root.

- B5 with rtsp and 2950 with rapid-PVST: I have connectivity and everything works fine, but the 2950 or 2960 did not provide information. It appears as if there were no instances of spanning-tree.

- B5 with MSTP and 2950 mst: I have no connectivity and I are spanning trees.

- B5 with MSTP and 2950 with rapid-PVST: I have connectivity and everything works fine, but the 2950 or 2960 did not provide information. It appears as if there were no instances of spanning-tree.

The truth is that I have run out of ideas and not how to solve this issue would greatly appreciate the help.

regards

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lot more thatn problem description is needed. Namely, config, traces, hand-on session.

You may want to work with the TAC for this kind fo trouble,

By the way, this is the wrong forulm, you should use "LAN switching".

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card