Views
Helpful
Replies

Subrate DS3 configuration on a 2951 using an NM-T3/E3

gsanin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an old 3725 router with a HSSI card connected to a DL3100, which in turn is connected to a subrate DS3 circuit. The plan is to replace the router with a new 2951 router and a NM-T3/E3 card.

After the router was replaced, I configured the NM but the circuit remained dow/down. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that the DS3 circuit is channalized but I'm not sure how to configure this module to be channalized. Here is the configuration that I placed on the router:

controller T3 1/0

clock source line

framing c-bit

!

interface Serial1/0

bandwidth 10240

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay IETF

frame-relay lmi-type cisco

load-interval 30

dsu bandwidth 10240

dsu mode 0

!

interface Serial1/0.105 point-to-point

ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.252

frame-relay interface-dlci 105 IETF

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is very unlikely that the circuit is channelized.

Plese post "show controllers T3". to get the circuit up you must know the correct framing, dsu mode and dsu bandwitdh values. If do not have these, ask telco.

Hi Paolo.

Thanks for the quick response.

I do not have access to the router at this time but I can tell you that the framinng is set to "c-bit", the dsu mode is set to "dsu mode 0", which is for a digilink mux and finally the dsu bandwidth is set to 10240.

Thanks,

Gus

Hi Paolo,

I just learned from the Telco that the circuit is using M13 framing. Would you know how to configure the NM-T3/E3 for M13 framing?

Thanks,

Gus

Ashish Arora
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

you can try following configuration:-

controller T3 1/0

clock source line

framing m23

I hope framing is m23 instead of m13.

Please refer to this document:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/interface/configuration/guide/ir_clear_channel.html#wp1052529

Ashish Arora

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card