cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Symantec.cloud redirection

krugar100
Level 1
Level 1

HI Guys, I have been tearing my hair out all day over an issue and I am hoping that you can help.

I need to redirect web traffic to an external symantec proxy server (117.120.16.135).

I have tried to do this through a PBR but I am not hitting the Symantec IP. I have also tried forwarding the IP address to an external server with wireshark to see if this traffic is even getting there, and it isnt.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have attached my config (with private IPs changed/hidden). I this config I am also test ymantec redirection from PC 10.8.174.11.

I have also attached the 'debug ip policy 110' output.

Thanks

K

5 Replies 5

krugar100
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Hi,
Post here your network diagram. Then it will be easier to help you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Best regards,
Abzal

Hi, The network is pretty basic. It is a small branch with just a router and a switch. The branch connects to the hq over a vpn tunnel on the router. The symantec proxy that i am trying to forward the web traffic too is in the cloud.

Can you ping 10.8.174.1 from client PC? Can you ping symantec proxy server from router? Also try try traceroute to proxy server. Symantec proxy and HQ are in the same cloud?

PC <--> switch <--> Router <---> Cloud <-->HQ 

|      |

Proxy   |

Internet

?

Best regards,
Abzal

krugar100
Level 1
Level 1

Yes I can ping everything. After further investigation I believe this has to be done with a NAT translation rather than policy based routing. I have opened another discussion to solve this with NAT

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card