Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnet

gurkamal01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 3 questions if i could get any help.

i just got my 2950 switches from ebay how can i check that they are working in good condition and shortly i will get some routers how can check them too

Q1. what command should i use to check that ?

Q2. how can i access them from my office if i have internet at my home, is it by telneting them?

Q3.In a production enviroment how do network adminstrator access remote routers and swithes?

Do they telnet into the router or switch thru the interface,

how does it works?

Please help me

Thank you

18 Replies 18

username config looks like this:

Router#>conf t

Router#(conf)>username (whatever name you want) priv 15 password (whatever password you want)

Example:

Router#(conf)>username Cisco priv 15 password Cisco

For your AAA set-up use this link, there are a lot of options you could use:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/v3.00_A1/command/reference/config.html#wp1007762

hi

to set up AAA do we do that on the router or we need a different physical AAA server

AAA is set up on the router but it will reference an external Radius server or TACACS+ server. This is just one way of centralizing your security settings without having to make changes each time you add or delete a user.

Hi,

With the addition of Rick, I'd like to suggest you to activate the aaa new-model at global continuation mode. Which will work locally by putting the below command:

(config)#aaa authentication login default local

(config)#aaa authorization exec default local

Thanks

Goutam

Pls rate if I am informative!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card