Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Hall of Fame Master

Re: Tftp issue with new devices (9300 & 3850)

Thanks for the debug output. It does confirm that the tftp request was sent to the server and that a response was received. This is good to know. I see in the debug output that the server responds with a block size of 8192 and the switch is sending 8192 length packets. Given the path that this data takes, and given the description in a previous response that part of the path may be over vpn, I wonder if the issue is about packet size and possible need to fragment. Is it possible to configure the server to specify a smaller block size?

HTH

Rick

Enthusiast

Now issue have been resolved by using the command;

"ip tftp blocksize 512"

I dont undersatnd why cisco says that "By default, the Catalyst 3850 uses a TFTP block size value of 512"

Thank all of you.

Hall of Fame Master

Thanks for the update letting us know that the problem is solved. I am glad that my suggestion pointed you to the solution.

I believe that the explanation to your follow up question is that while it is correct that 3850 will default to block size of 512 that the block size for any particular transfer is negotiated. And if the server negotiates 8192 then the 3850 will use that block size.

HTH

Rick

Enthusiast

Thanks Burts.

Intereseting fact:

1. 3850 was having default Block size of 512 and it didn't work.
  2. Then I changed block size to 8192 on 3850 and result was same as step1.
  3. Finally I changed again to 512 on switch and it worked.

Thanks

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards