Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP via VRF

chopra.nitin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to download IOS into my 10K cisco router.  The problem is I am getting the TFTP server route from VRF table and not global routing table.  Is there any way I can download from VRF table?

The current ios command is copy tftp<> flash<>

Thanks for your reply

19 Replies 19

Configuring the source interface which is a member of the wanted VRF has worked for me as magic

Ihor Kohut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys!

Here is a bit different side of the problem...

I have Catalyst 4948-10GE with management port which is connected via few Catalyst 2960 trunk ports to Catalyst 6509. All management of our devices is conducted through special VLAN. My workstation is on differnet vlan from management, but i have access to management vlan (ha, obvious). 6509 provides routing between vlans. When i connect my pc directly to Management port of 4948 i have ssh and tftp.

The problem appears with tftp when 4948 is connected via vlan to 6509, though ssh is still working! Even more, i can see in log of my tftp server that there was an attempt to connect, but the traffic was not going...

here is a piece of config:

ip vrf mgmtVrf
ip ftp source-interface FastEthernet1
ip tftp source-interface FastEthernet1
ip ssh source-interface FastEthernet1
ip ssh version 2
!
!
interface FastEthernet1
ip vrf forwarding mgmtVrf
ip address 192.168.40.5 255.255.255.0
speed auto
duplex auto

Have enyone any idea about...? thanx in advace!

This may be a silly question since you supposedly can SSH to the management IP, but do you have a default route in the vrf?

stephen.wesche
Level 1
Level 1

This 7 year old thread just saved me big time!

It just did to me also. I am so relieved right now. Thanks again.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card