Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

To get a report of internet usage per ip from NAT router

Dear Folkz,

I've 50 users in my lab., all of them are accessing internet via a NAT router., I want to get a report of internet usage per ip from my NAT router.? How can i do that..?  Is there any possibility any way??

9 Replies 9

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

You would want to add the following command:

ip nat log translations syslog

no logging console

...you will then want to setup a remote syslog server to which you will send all this output. Once you have the logs on a server it will be much easier to parse through the output and produce the results you are after.

cheers,

Seb.

Are you talking about, how much bandwidth usage is taking place per user, or just the web data that are checking out?

Dear John,

We need that how much bandwidth usage is taking place per ip

hi,

you could configure netflow. FNF (netflow version 9) is the latest.

www.cisco.com/go/netflow

Dear John,

Thnks a lot for your prompt response

This is going to depend on how the topology is laid out. You will need to setup netflow, or see if you can get monitoring software that can differentiate between IP addresses and bandwidth.

Let's say you have one single switch, with 50 users, and one port on the switch with WAN access to your ISP.

You will need to measure between that WAN port and the ISP (Outbound on the port connected to the ISP).

If you don't have a Netflow enabled L3 switch/Router, I would look at configuring syslog and snmp, and get software that can output the information received via syslog/snmp into readable form, as far as Bandwidth usage goes.

**** Caution ****

If your users are connecting to the Internet, via Dynamic PAT, then all your users are going to have the same public IP address. Also, if your users get IP addresses via DHCP, that information is subject to change.

Dear John tyler,

Thanks for your response. PLz let me know if any free bandwidth management tools available for cisco devices.

Hi

i configure snmp at my switch and router using mrtg i can see bandwidth usage per interface

maybe this link can help you: http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/

Thanks

For Monitor Internet bandwidth usage.

Tools that are preffered are

Proxies

Squid

ISA

Jawad

Jawad
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: