Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic Shaping and CBWFQ together

Juan Urti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I am preparing my CCIE RS WR exam, and i have a question.

I have nested policy map (parent TS and child CBWFQ). How do the queues interact between them?

The shaping queue is before or after the CBWFQ queues?

Thanks! but i am very confusing.

Juan

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I've yet to see good documentation on that.

My expectation would be when the parent shaper needs to queue, it pushes back to the child policy queues.

However, especially on earlier IOS versions, it appears to me the shaper might still maintain some of its own queues, and only when they overflow are the packets queued by the child policy.  (I.e. somewhat similar to CBWFQ queuing only happening after the interface's FIFO buffer fills.)

Hi Joseph again!!! thanks!

do you have some documentation about this?

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Juan Urti wrote:

Hi Joseph again!!! thanks!

do you have some documentation about this?

Sorry no - "I've yet to see good documentation on that."

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card