Level 10
Level 10

Could someone tell me what the command

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The link below is very self explanatory.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009437d.shtml

I have used the commands only in labs.

Traffic-share balanced is the default setting. So this means, that by just enabling "variance" command you will have a balanced traffic sharing.

Traffic-share min is a configurable setting and is useful in situations where you have a DS3 and a T1 connecting two routers (say). You want both links to be used for load balancing, but the preferred path is the DS3.

I think "traffic-share balanced" was designed as an equivalent command to turn off "traffic-share min"

traffic-share balanced = no traffic-share min

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The link below is very self explanatory.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009437d.shtml

I have used the commands only in labs.

Traffic-share balanced is the default setting. So this means, that by just enabling "variance" command you will have a balanced traffic sharing.

Traffic-share min is a configurable setting and is useful in situations where you have a DS3 and a T1 connecting two routers (say). You want both links to be used for load balancing, but the preferred path is the DS3.

I think "traffic-share balanced" was designed as an equivalent command to turn off "traffic-share min"

traffic-share balanced = no traffic-share min

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card