Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunnel Traffic to another pc

hs08
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I have general question not specific to one brand like cisco etc.

I have 2 pc one with internet access and second one not have internet access.

Anyone knpw what tools can be used for redirect or tunnel the traffic from 2nd pc whic not have internet access via 1st pc? I found some tools but this is work for browser by change the proxy. But if i have desktop application, the tools is not working.

10 Replies 10

Any VPN have 

Client and server (GW)

Here you have two PC i.e. two clients so there is no vpn for this case

MHM

Hello,

Current two PCs can communicate each other becuase on same LAN. So i need to creat VPN and access the VPN using lan connection, right?

If one device connect to device like SW or router can work as  VPN GW then you can use l2tp vpn make PC (in internet) appear as it direct connect to same LAN of internal PC.

You need GW for this VPN

MHM

Hello
you do t mention what the pcs operating systems are but most vendors allow to share their internet connection - in windows it’s called ICS internet-connection sharing 
Based on you OP it seems this would be the most simplistic option for you

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi..

Both PC running under windows 10. ICS as i know this is for sharing connectiion across network card on same machine, how ICS can share the connection to otjer PC in same LAN?

Both pcs are connected to the same lan correct - if so they share each others internet connection 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

As we can see in the picture, PC2 have internet access and not for PC1. The firewall control which ip can be connected to the internet or not. Now with this topology how ics can make PC1 able to reach to the internet via PC2?

Hello
Looking at the topology you've have posted ,I would confirm you would not need any VPN or ICS.
PC2 is routing via the CORE and FW, with the assumption the FW is performing NAT, so what is negating you from allowing PC1 the same access, Surely it would just be a matter of appending PC1 details to any exiting FW rule base and nat acls that allowing PC2?

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi..

unfortunately we not have access to the firewall, so need other way.

Hello
Unfortunately thats where you probably need to allow the access, unless its being allowed on the core -  can you share the configuration of the core switch (attached it to a file)

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card