Helpful
Replies

Two ISP bandwidth utilization in one office

Mukesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have need to know few things.

1. I have 2 ISP's and want to use both the ISP on same time. ISP1 (5 MBPS ) ISP2 (10 MBPS ) so can I use both the ISP at same time and there is any chance to use load balancing as well ? Both the ISP is different service provider.

2. Can I use ISP1 for outgoing Traffic and ISP2 for incoming Traffic?

3. If yes so please tell me which routing protocol I have to use (default route or ospf or bgp)

4. Please share the entire configuration also.

5. I want to implement this setup as per my company requirement. So which will be best possibility both the ISP should be connected on one router or both the ISP connected to 2 different routers?

Regards

MS

2 Replies 2

Hi Mukesh,

I suppose you have a static route to subnet 123.12.12.3.0/24 from above output and with combination of command

ip default-network 123.12.12.105 IP address 123.12.12.106 is installed as default gateway. And is this of ISP #2?

if so it explains why it always goes only over ISP2.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094374.shtml#flagging

Just remove from config:

no ip default-network 123.12.12.105

no ip default-gateway 123.12.12.106

Then verify routing table again:

sh ip route

Rate it

Hi Aman,

Thanks allot for your reply. But scenario is like below mention than what could be better option and configuration?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card