cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two ISP links at different locations and want to Load balance

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

My company has two ISP located at two different locations. They want to load balance between the two sites. At another company, we connected the two internet switches via a pair of fiber so we could failover. I do not have the fiber option in this situation so am I out of luck or is there another way. I would run BGP on the two internet routers. and I am thinking about GLBP on the two routers.Thanks

4 Replies 4

Hello,

when you say you want to load balance between two ISPs at two different locations, do you mean that your company has two sites that each have a connection to an ISP ?

You might want to check this document for the BGP part, it has congfiguration examples for various single- and multihomed scenarios:

Load Sharing with BGP in Single and Multihomed Environments: Sample Configurations

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800945bf.shtml

Regards,

GP

Yes That is correct. For example.

Location A is connected to ISP X

Location B is connected to ISP Z

Location A connect to Location B via T1

Location A is the Primary with ISP X

Location B ISP connection is not used at all right now. It is up just in case of Location A burning down or getting flooded, or worse.

Another method, I am thinking is point half the sites to Location B as the primary but that would take circuit reengineering, duplicate hardware etc.. A duplicate location. That document is very informative. Thank you.

mohamed-khadr
Level 1
Level 1

Why do u want to go the BGP route when a simple static route config can do it and save u a lot of headache.If u like to do it that way, I can give some config.

mohAmed khAdr

Yes, I would like to do it that way. It doesn't look like I can do it with BGP anyway.

Thanks

Tom

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card