cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to activate license from Loopback

johnny_5
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to activate the license(Network advantage) on a C9300 downstream switch R1 <-> Backbone < Downstream1 using its Loopback address. Switch is connected to Backbone on VLAN1 (different subnet) and also has a default route pointing to VLAN1 on Backbone. All switches are in same subnet /24 for Loopback addressing.

The Backbone is able to activate with its loopback.

EIGRP table has correct networks.

I believe it may have to do with the "eigrp stub connected summary" which is on both switches but I was hoping some get some help.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the traffic going out to License server are you using source as loopback 0 ?

post the config, also are you able to telnet to Cisco license server using loopback as source ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Correct, its using the loopback.

"ip http client source-interface Loopback0"

We are using the CSSM to activate the licenses. There is no issue with the backbone switch getting activated just the downstream. Reading up on the EIGRP stub summary I see that there is a limitation when using the IPBASE license. This C9300 replaced a 3850 and the config was essentially copied over. Now that we are using the network advantage license could the config be changed. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ipbase have route limited 1K i guess, but you have only 1 default route to uplink that should be an issue at all.

until we see the config, and show us your reachability to cisco using loopback address - that is i am keen to understand the issue.

as Long as Loopback IP can reach the internet you should be able to register. 

In other cases have you tried any other interface for registration as the source, other than the Loopback interface?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card