cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Ping Between PC and Router Packet Tracer - Please Help!

Philip1415
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am taking a course on networking at my school and working on my exam. I have encountered a problem I can't find the solution for. Even through thorough research and asking the teacher multiple times with no luck (he does not know the reason either), I hope I can find a solution here.

Dont mind anything right of the SERVER_CAMPINGINC router as I have not gotten to configuring this part yet. 

I am trying to ping from any of one of the 6 PCs that all have DHCP given IP addresses to the 2621XM SERVER_CAMPINGINC router (IP: 192.168.10.2/30) with no luck. The PCs are put into 2 different VLAN (DEP_A) and (DEP_B) - with one last VLAN (wireless/WiFi). The IP range for DEP_A are 192.168.5.x (given by DHCP). For DEP_B: 192.168.7.x and lastly the wireless laptop 192.168.1.x. I have configured trunking on all the switches. Also on the interface going to main_switch to ACMEHOSTROUTER. VLAN is configured on all 4 switches. I tried to use Router RIP: 192.168.0.0 without any success. Then I tried OSPF without any success. I tried simulation mode and looking at the dropped packets without any success. I understand why I am not able to ping from any of the PCs to 192.168.10.2 (SERVERCAMPINGINC router) - Pinging to the ACMEHOSTROUTER is successful. 

I have attached a word document of the running-configurations and a picture of how it is configured. Please let me know if I am missing any information. This is my first post

Any help is much appreciated! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

on the left router, you need to exclude the IP addresses that are used as default gateways, using the 'ip dhcp excluded-address' global command.

There was no routing between your routers. You configured RIP, but did not include all networks. I replaced that with EIGRP, which works better in Packet Tracer. Find attached the revised file.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file.

Attaching zipped Packet Tracer project here

Hello,

on the left router, you need to exclude the IP addresses that are used as default gateways, using the 'ip dhcp excluded-address' global command.

There was no routing between your routers. You configured RIP, but did not include all networks. I replaced that with EIGRP, which works better in Packet Tracer. Find attached the revised file.

Thank you so much for the help!

This worked! Will look forward to showing my teacher

Have a good monday. 

Good luck with your studies !

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card