cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping my switches and routers for SSH

Student HoGent
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to cisco, and I got a project for school. I have to make a small office.
I got a couple of problems that I would like to solve.

1. I gave my switches and routers a IP on

VLAN 1

but I can only ping one switch

(L3-SW-01)

All the rest i can't ping.
2. I have also to do SSH on my switches and routers. But only my IT department has to do it. And this is in VLAN 60.

All the passwords on the switches and routers are: robbie

Here is the network file.

Thanks in advance.

35 Replies 35

Okey thx.

Than I have one last problem, I can't ping anything out of my L3 switches. So i can't ping the network between my router or ISP.
I used static routing here.

First let me give you a sugestion. Can I enable dynamic routing protocol like OSPF or RIP?  Or it would be too advanced for you? 
We can fix it using static routes but it would much easier if you use dynamic routing. 

I know it is easier with OSPF, but I can't use that for this assignment, we have to do it all with static routing protocol.

Take a look now. 

Remembering you are not going to ping the routers on

vlan 1

anything else should be pinging. 

I did the static routing in the way as if one switch crashs, the route will be send to the next one so you will see some configuration like

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.125.210

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.125.218 2

The 2 in front of the ip route command tells the device to send the packet to another destination in case it can not send to the first destination

Thx for helping me with my school project and that you take the time of helping me.

You´re welcome.  Study hard , IT is amazing area. 

If you have any doubt you can ask here any time. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card