Views
Helpful
Replies

Universal IOS Licensing and features

Dan Brook
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I spec'ing out a 1921 router and need some pointers on which licenses I need to order. I've looked here but it doesn't seem complete.

I want to configure the router for VPN (GRE/IPsec), IP SLA and MLS QoS. It looks like I need the Security and Data licenses for the VPN and IP SLA but it's not clear what I need for MLS QoS.

Can anyone either answer the question or better still point me in the direction of where this is documented completely. For the life of me I can't find anything more detailed than in the link given above.

Cheers.

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel-

MLS QoS is usually configured on switches. Are you perhaps referring to Modular QoS CLI (MQC)? If so, IP Base will provide you with that feature. 

The best tool to use to check this is Cisco's "Feature Navigator"

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Thank you for rating helpful posts! 

You are right. I do mean MQC!

The Feature Navigator doesn't seem to give the same information as "Cisco’s Integrated Services Routers Generation Two Licensing and Packaging".

For instance IP SLA is under IP Base on one and Data on the other. The same for PfR, which I know I've had to order the Data license for before on this platform.

PFR requires Data

IP SLA Responder is available via IP Base. Advanced and additional IP SLA functions require Data. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: