Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade IOS ASR 903 cisco to 16.9.4

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

I have ASR 903 cisco  and  wa want update IOS     from   sw version 15.4(3)S3  to   16.9.4 sw version    

So  what are command that allow update  ASR 903  to  16.9.4 sw version   !!

i wait a reply from expert ASR cisco  and answer  what are the steps  to upgrade IOS ASR 903 

thanks in adv

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mgrabovs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Dhikra,

Cisco IOS-XE upgrades are extensively documented by Cisco for various platforms. A quick search on the web can get you the necessary answer. Take for example this document:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr903/upgrade/guide/b-upgrade-3x-16x-asr900.pdf

It's easy and quick to read. It explains the upgrade procedure for the ASR900 platform, requirements and possible restrictions when upgrading.

And like Leo mentioned, id you're having troubles with the process, you can always open a service request with TAC, giving the fact that you have the appropriate support contract.

Thank you.
Marin

View solution in original post

Hello @Dhikra Marghli ,

yes the section about upgrading from version 3.x to 16.x applies to your case.

Please note the following:

you need to upgrade the ROMMON too as explained in the guide before upgrading the IOSXE image.

Note also that moving to release 16.9.4 > 16.9.1 will move your device to Smart Licensing be aware of this.

if there are no specific reason for going to 16.9.4 you can consider a release before 16.9.1 to avoid to change your licensing model.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

It is not helpful  !!!!

Please i wait   answer for my request   from  expert  ASR   that give me the procedure  to upgrade  IOS for ASR903   cisco to the 16.9.4 sw version 

best  regards 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Dhikra Marghli 

This is a professional forum.  Act appropriately and accordingly. 

Posting multiple threads of the same issue is not going to help. 
If you want immediate attention and on-the-spot answer, raise a TAC Case.  

Hello  Leo

I have been a member of this forum for almost two years  and I am a professional network  in the company 

can you help or not !!

have you answer for my request , so give me !! or not 

So please , don't tell me things aren't related to my request !!

i wait your help if you know , else  i wait answer from other expert !!

best regards 

@Dhikra Marghli wrote:

I have been a member of this forum for almost two years 

This is a professional forum.  Act appropriately and accordingly. 

I have been a member for >10 years -- so I "outrank" you.  

Every contributor in this forum is a volunteer.  No one here is paid by Cisco to offer technical support for free.

If you really, really want everyone to "drop everything" and focus their attention on you, raise a TAC Case.  

mgrabovs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Dhikra,

Cisco IOS-XE upgrades are extensively documented by Cisco for various platforms. A quick search on the web can get you the necessary answer. Take for example this document:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr903/upgrade/guide/b-upgrade-3x-16x-asr900.pdf

It's easy and quick to read. It explains the upgrade procedure for the ASR900 platform, requirements and possible restrictions when upgrading.

And like Leo mentioned, id you're having troubles with the process, you can always open a service request with TAC, giving the fact that you have the appropriate support contract.

Thank you.
Marin

Hello   Marin

thanks to reply me 

i want to ask  and to know if  page 12 and page 13,   this two page speaks  about  upgrade ASR 903  to ios 16.9.4  !!! 

if   "   Upgrading from Cisco IOS XE Release 3.x to Cisco IOS XE 16.x     "    speak about my request  !!??

thanks in adv 

Hello @Dhikra Marghli ,

yes the section about upgrading from version 3.x to 16.x applies to your case.

Please note the following:

you need to upgrade the ROMMON too as explained in the guide before upgrading the IOSXE image.

Note also that moving to release 16.9.4 > 16.9.1 will move your device to Smart Licensing be aware of this.

if there are no specific reason for going to 16.9.4 you can consider a release before 16.9.1 to avoid to change your licensing model.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

OK Giuseppe Larosa 

I try  and i tell you if it is all OK and fine !!

thanks to reply me !!

Yes it is ok we try do day and step are ok

thanks to help me!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card