Views
Helpful
Replies

use per-tunnel QoS with port-channel interfaces

Noovi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am using iWAN setup with pre configured  per-tunnel QoS with port-channel interfaces.

I came to know that i need to use below command to make per-tunnel QoS commands effective

platform qos port-channel-aggregate <port-channel number>

Can you please confirm to configure above command we need to first remove all tunnel interfaces,  port channels to make this command effective

e.g.

no interface tunnel1

interface TenGig0/0/1
no channel-group 1 mode active

no interface port-channel1

platform qos port-channel-aggregate 1

And then configure back tunnel1, interface TenGig0/0/1 and port channel 1 ??

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I don't think so. Add the command (platform qos port-channel-aggregate)

and then post the output of:

show policy-map interface port-channel x

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

There is no specific restriction like this but please do check this command related restrictions below (link ref also below).

QoS Modular QoS Command-Line Interface Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS XE Fuji 16.9.x - Aggregate EtherChannel Quality of Service [Cisco IOS XE 16] - Cisco

Unsupported Feature Combinations for Aggregate EtherChannel Quality of Service

The following combinations of tunnel-type interfaces with QoS are not supported:

• Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) tunnels with queuing policy-maps applied, which egress via a port channel with aggregate queuing

• Static virtual tunnel interface (SVTI) and dynamic virtual tunnel interface (DVTI ) with queuing QoS applied, which egress via a port channel with aggregate queuing

• Sub-interface belongs to service group and sub-interface applied with service-policy cannot be configured on the same aggregate port-channel simultaneously

• MPOL - policy applied on both aggregate port-channel main interface and port-channel sub-interface

Note

Tunnels without queuing QoS (described above) are supported, but are not recommended because hashing algorithms may overload a given physical interface without adequate diversity in IP addresses.

With best regards...
Ashok
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card