Views
Helpful
Replies

VLan Routing Across a P2P T1

kwilliams
Level 1
Level 1

I am hoping you all can help me figure out the best way to do this:

We have 2 locations that are connected across a p2p t1 and Location 2 comes back to location 1 for internet access.

We have wifi networks setup at both locations for internal use.  We recently setup a wifi network at location 1 for "Guest" (internet only) access.

This guest wifi network is setup and routed directly to our internet connection through a separate vlan (vlan 31).

What is the best way to setup and route this Guest network for location 2?  I have already mirrored the setup on the AP at Location 2, I'm not sure what the best way would be to create/route that vlan traffic back to location 1.

Thanks in advance everyone!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot carry VLANs on T1, at least not easily.

For guest wifi at location 2, setup a new subnet ad associate to the guest SSID and VLAN.

Then on your router at location 2, configure an ACL to block said subnet from goign to your private network.

So, help me understand this because I am newer to this caliber of networking, If I setup the ACL on my router at Location 2 to block the Guest subnet from accessing the private network, won't I need another statement in that ACL to hand that traffic off to the router at location 1 to access the internet?

Sorry for my naivety.

I gave you the general concept. Then you work out the details depending by your particular setup.

If you are not sure how IP routing works, etc, I would recommend you get support from a reputable consultant, or certified cisco partner.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card