Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN RV325

Hello all.

i have recently had to change my network so now my RV325 is sat behind a Mitel Boarder Gateway in network edge mode. The WAN address is now on the MBG with the MBG LAN side 192.168.200.254 hitting the WAN port on the RV325 - 192.168.200.1

The LAN side is working fine for both Voice and data. 

The issue now is the VPN RV325 to RV320. I have tried to use WAN2 with a separate WAN IP address but just can’t seem to get to connect at all. Can you use WAN1 and WAN2 for separate purposes? Should WAN1 for my local voice and data with WAN2 for my VPN work?

If not that will port forwarding via the MBG be an option? If this is the case, do you guys know what ports I need to open?

I have seen UDP 500 and UDP 4500. Anymore I need to know about?

2 Replies 2

Hello,

in theory, both WAN ports can be configured separately. When you connect the RV325 to the RV320, can you even ping the IP address of the other side ?

That said, I am not sure if the dual WAN functionality depends on the mode the RV325 is in. It probably is in Router Mode now, if you can, change it to Gateway mode and check if that has any influence on the connectivity of the second WAN port...

UDP 500 and 4500 are used for ISAKMP and you would need those. You probably also need protocol ESP which carries the encrypted traffic.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card