Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC-MFT-T1/E1 and VWIC-MFT-G.703 Card

skallidu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

I have a doubt regarding when to use VWIC-T1/E1 cards and G.703 Cards.

I have read the datasheet and found the only difference between two is that G.703 supports Unframed/Unstructured G.703 support.

However i am still not clear in which scenario/situation should we go with G.703 card. I have gone through various posts but it's not giving me a clear picutre.

What should be my approach which will e\help me in determining whether i should use a G.703 Card or T1/E1 Card.

Thanks and Regards

Subin

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As explained many times already

You can use either. The only difference is that the g.703 can work as unframed at 2048 Kbps, the regualr modeul only with 31 timeslots at 1984 Kbps. You can judge if the small bandwith increase  justifies the price difference.

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for the reply.

That means in order to use all the channels for Data/Voice we use G.703 card correct. However i have few doubts around that

1)  When using all the channels for data/Voice how do we provide the signalling for synchronization. Is that using the integerated CSU/DSU or we need a separate device for that.

2) Also i have seen in quite a few post that when we use G.703 card in Unframed/Unstructured mode it does not support voice. It only supports data using Unframed/Unstructured G.703 mode. Please correct me if am wrong

3) Is there any concept of G.703 card being used when we have a G.703 Modem or anything like that. Please let me know if you any idead about this part.

4) Whether VWIC-MFT-T1/E1 and VWIC-MFT-G.703 support Data in framed mode.

5) In case of VWIC-MFT-G.703 if PE end is configured in unframed mode, CE end also needs to be configured in the same mode.

Thanks and Regards

K Subin

1. no external device is ever needed.

2. correct. E1 voice is a structured service.

3. no concerns.

4. yes

5 yes

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

hey paolo,

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Can you please explain the first and third point. Rest everything is clear to me !!!

Thanks and Regards

Subin

1.No need to worry about anything, no external device is needed.

3. same as.1.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Thanks a lot ...have a nice day !!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card