Views
Helpful
Replies

Wan design for global solution

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all

when thinking about network designs for a large international company, what do most people do these days? Would the best solution be mpls? How about backups? Internet backup or mpls ?

1. what about sites local to my hq datacenter ? Les circuits or also on mpls ?

im looking for a global solution that can cater for all sites on the same platform

2 Replies 2

Shaunak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carl,

I'm afraid but there is no one size fits all when it comes to networks. Each network is unique and different.

You might want to check the Cisco Validated Designs, chances are you'll find some designs which will suit your requirements.

You need to size the environment, the services that will be facilitated, the hardware you have since some features might be hardware dependent etc. So it's not a one size fits all.

Thanks,

Shaunak

Carl,

Agree with Shaunak 100%.  From a Cisco offering look at IWAN CVD.  I am working on a router refresh and the IWAN concept allows you to build a dynamic VPN layer above the transport (MPLS - Inet etc).  I am also implementing WAAS (acceleration) in the same router.  I am also adding a UCS-E140 to run ESX host / Windows 2012 domain controller.  That should collapse the hardware in branch offices down to two routers.

You have your work cut out for you for sure. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card