Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Browser not working in servers/PC's

tusharnav123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I am doing a project in my university. I am trying to implement RFID cards but for some reason, the web browser in my IoT server will not let me search IP addresses as it just comes up with server reset connection. I then tried this with every other server and PC and none of them worked. I am new to cisco and unsure of where the problem is, please help me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mohamedlamine
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like there could be a few reasons why you are experiencing this issue. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check the network connection: Make sure that the IoT server is properly connected to the network and that there are no issues with the Ethernet cable or network configuration.

2. Firewall settings: It's possible that the firewall settings on the IoT server are blocking the connection to the IP addresses you are trying to search. Check the firewall settings and see if you need to allow access to certain IP addresses.

3. DNS settings: Make sure that the DNS settings on the IoT server are configured correctly. Incorrect DNS settings can prevent the server from resolving IP addresses to domain names.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

I opened your project. Post a screenshot of what is not working on the IoT server...

Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 8.26.00 pm.png

Hello,

from what I can see, there is no IP addressing in your network. The IoT devices do not have IP addresses. That is the first thing you need to establish: IP connectivity between your IoT devices and the IoT server. What instructions are you following ? Can you post those ?

mohamedlamine
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like there could be a few reasons why you are experiencing this issue. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check the network connection: Make sure that the IoT server is properly connected to the network and that there are no issues with the Ethernet cable or network configuration.

2. Firewall settings: It's possible that the firewall settings on the IoT server are blocking the connection to the IP addresses you are trying to search. Check the firewall settings and see if you need to allow access to certain IP addresses.

3. DNS settings: Make sure that the DNS settings on the IoT server are configured correctly. Incorrect DNS settings can prevent the server from resolving IP addresses to domain names.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card