cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is a good QOS book?

dennylester
Level 1
Level 1

With the help of Paresh here in these forums I got QOS working, I think, but would like a good book to explain things in easy to understand format.

The articles and white papers on the Cisco site are great, except they often leave me wondering why one way may be better than another. They give very basic examples with little explanation as to what is actually occurring.

Thanks,

Denny

2 Replies 2

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Thanks for your acknowledgment, Denny.. glad to see you've got it working.

Well, I might try and help you out with this one as well :-). The following book is really good, and I've used it to prepare for the CCIP QoS exam:

Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide (IP Telephony Self-Study), 2nd Edition (ISBN: 1587201240).

There are two other books that I have read from cover to cover and found excellent material:

End-to-End Qos Network Design: Quality of Service in LANs, WANs, and VPNs (ISBN: 1587051761)

Cisco Catalyst® QoS: Quality of Service in Campus Networks (ISBN: 1587051206)

If I were to get just one, it would be the first one, though.

Hope that helps.

Paresh

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Denny,

I would have to recommend I would have to recommend End-to-End QOS Network Design: Quality of service in LANs, WANs, and VPNSs from Cisco Press

http://www.ciscopress.com/title/1587051761

This has to be one of the best books for explaining and giveing explicit configs on QOS from and end to end standpoint.

Patrick

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card