Views
Helpful
Replies

what is the maximum WAN Throughput for Router 3925E

aliabd10
Level 1
Level 1

please what is the maximum WAN Throughput for Router 3925E

for example if I have 500 mbps is the router will support this speed ?

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the 3925E should be able to handle this throughput. Check Table 1 in the document attached...

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

the 3925E should be able to handle this throughput. Check Table 1 in the document attached...

thats mean it is better than ISR 4331 in the throughput ???

Depends on what license is installed on the 4331. Even the base license should support 500 Mbps.

the base is 100 mbps the isr 4331 does not support 500

Oops! I was looking at the 4431, whose basic license only supports 100 Mbps (as you noted). However, the 4331, with a boost license, claims performance in excess of 2 Gbps, so it may support 500 Mbps. (Since the performance license "guarantees" 300 Mbps, it appears a 4331 has about the same overall performance as the 3925E.

@Joseph W. Doherty wrote:
 it appears a 4331 has about the same overall performance as the 3925E.

Unfortunately, one is a stable platform (i.  e.  stable IOS).  

Just wanted to add to Georg's information, although table 1 does provide maximum performance, that's not "real-world". The latter is better provided by figure 1, at the end of the document. There Cisco recommends a 3925E for up to 250 Mbps WAN, which being duplex, would also support 500 Mbps aggregate throughput.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: