Views
Helpful
Replies

When to use "Ip wccp check services all"

gfcisco31
Level 1
Level 1

hello guys,

I was studying WCCP and i saw this command but i am confused about its use.

According to DOCCD

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipapp/command/reference/iap_i2.html#wp1088737

"If no WCCP services are configured with a redirect ACL, the services are considered in priority order until a service is found which matches the IP packet. If no services match the packet, the packet is not redirected. If a service matches the packet and the service has a redirect ACL configured, then the IP packet will be checked against the ACL. If the packet is rejected by the ACL, the packet will not be passed down to lower priority services unless the ip wccp check services all command is configured. When the ip wccp check services all command is configured, WCCP will continue to attempt to match the packet against any remaining lower priority services configured on the interface.

If no WCCP services are configured with a redirect ACL, the services are considered in priority order until a service is found which matches the IP packet. If no services match the packet, the packet is not redirected. If a service matches the packet and the service has a redirect ACL configured, then the IP packet will be checked against the ACL. If the packet is rejected by the ACL, the packet will not be passed down to lower priority services unless the ip wccp check services all command is configured. When the ip wccp check services all command is configured, WCCP will continue to attempt to match the packet against any remaining lower priority services configured on the interface."

My understanding is that i only have to configure this command when i have more than one service in the same direction and in the same interface.

Example,

ip wccp 61 redirect-list 100

ip wccp 70 redirect-list 101

int fa0/0

ip wccp 61 redirect in

ip wccp 70 redirect in

---> Example below i would NOT need to use the ip wccp check services all, command:

ip wccp 61 redirect-list 100

ip wccp 62 redirect-list 101

int fa0/0

ip wccp 61 redirect in

ip wccp 62 redirect out

am i correct ?

I appreciate the help !

see ya

2 Replies 2

Gaurav Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try the command;

ip wccp check services all

For more details please refer the belwo link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipapp/command/reference/iap_i2.html#wp1088737

Felix Arrieta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Gustavo,

I agree with your statement, the redirection matters.

"If  no WCCP services are configured with a redirect ACL, the services are  considered in priority order until a service is found which matches the  IP packet." 

they should have added something like:

"If  no WCCP services are configured with a redirect ACL,  the services are  considered in priority order until a service is found  which matches the  IP packet and direction either in or out." 

cheers!

Felix Arrieta

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card