Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 - DHCP unable to provide IPs to a specific ssid only

Hi Everyone , 

This issue has been bothering our corporate environment for a while now . any help would be great . 

We recently upgraded the ios on the 5508 controller at the DC1 - this is the one that we primarily use for a bunch of sites. We have a sub sea site which has issues with only one specific SSID - ( WLAN e14 ) - this same SSID is being broadcasted at other sites too which are connected to the same controller and has been working fine. all the clients trying to connect to the AP are working as intended and receive an ip address. 

this specific site only has access issues - the end clients are not able to connect to the WLAN - and get a failed message.

Upon digging the logs with TAC, the issue seems to be that the clients are not able to receive any IP from the DHCP server setup on the environment. 

the current code running on the WLC is 8.5.171- all other SSID's are working as intended. 

15 Replies 15

Depends on what TAC region the case is dropped, TAC do not like to confirm this unless they are asked the right question.  I mean, let's face it, TAC is not going to admit the 1800/2800/3800/4800/1560 have a defective radio chipset because this would trigger a very expensive product recall which Cisco does not like to undertake.  

HERE is a list of Bugs "exclusive" to 2800/3800/4800/1560.  One of these bugs talks about DHCP packets getting dropped by the AP.  I am overseas right now so I do not have the bandwidth to find it.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card