cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

xot redundancy routing

pavlosd
Level 2
Level 2

Hi guys, I was wondering if I could achive path redundancy for xot. Assume that I have network redundancy configuration (2 routers at each site) at a couple of sites. A node is connected with a primary and seconday serial interface to both routers at each site.

Can I instruct my router that, in order to reach a router at a remote site use xot with ip a.b.c.d and if not reachable, try xot to ip address e.f.g.h?

for example my primary route will be:

x25 route ^12 xot 10.64.9.100 xot-keepalive-period 10 xot-keepalive-tries 3 xot-source Loopback0

can i enter a second one as well with same match string but different destination?

x25 route ^12 xot 11.64.9.100 xot-keepalive-period 10 xot-keepalive-tries 3 xot-source Loopback0

If yes, how can I define administrative distance?

Regards.

4 Replies 4

m.singer
Level 4
Level 4

You can do XOT redundancy by making the one router point to the two xot destinations. Simply add an alternate address on the xot statement on of the routers. Consider also using xot keepalive. Please check out the following URL for more information which explains the the keepalive and also mentions about the redundancy of XOT.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk369/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009486c.shtml

Thanks.

I have an additional question that came thriugh some lab tests I made. Is xot,clever enough to notify another site that a native serial x25 link is down and it should try for an alternative?

To be more specific. Imagine two sites, with 2 routers at each site and with one X25 uplink from each router to a Host. Site A with routers SiteAPrim and SiteASec and Site B with SiteBPrim and SiteBSec routers. loopback are used with xot-keepalives as the example above. Now, if a router fails or if an ip path fails (leased line, frame relay etc), everythings works fine and converge fine.

Now if a serial X25 fails to a host, the rerouting does not occured. It seems that since the loopback address of the other end is in the routing table, there is no intelligence in the xot to say that, loopback is up ok, so xot with me is working but for the X25 destination you are trying to reach, I fail because is down.!!!

Any ideas?

I have the same issue.

Is there a solution for this ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card