Helpful
Replies

Adding vBond to vManage

Rami Ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Can anyone provide me with an answer please

When we add the vBond to the vManage which address we have to specify (vBond VPN 512 or VPN0)?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sasig
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

vBond is your stun server so, use the VPN0.

i would recommend you to watch Cisco Live breakout session BRKCRS-2117 (Controller Communication Principles), it explains in there why vManage and vSmart need to talk to vBond like vEdges will talk to vBond.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sasig
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

vBond is your stun server so, use the VPN0.

i would recommend you to watch Cisco Live breakout session BRKCRS-2117 (Controller Communication Principles), it explains in there why vManage and vSmart need to talk to vBond like vEdges will talk to vBond.

Hi sasig,

Thank you for your answer, and appreciate your advice.

I know why controllers need to talk to vBond and edges must reach vBond to join the fabric but the point that confuses me that I read Cisco SD-WAN book and in the chapter of installing and deploying the controllers they said from the perspective of vManage you've to add the management IP address of the vBond right after that they showed a screenshot with the public vBond IP (VPN0) so I confused but now it's clear.

Thanks.

Glad to help, but please read the statement below carefully.

"...why vManage and vSmart need to talk to vBond THE SAME WAY vEdges will talk to vBond."

in another words, vEdges will talk to vBond via VPN0, so the vManage and vSmart should.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: