Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AWS - c8000v - Sync Pending - Received control up event

Hi,

I've deployed a c8000v in AWS and applied the cloud init boot config but I cannot get the device to show as in Sync.

If I try to deploy any template to the device it will perpetually stall and say control notification sent to device to pull config but nothing happens.

The device has all control connections when issuing show sdwan control connections and bfd sessions have been established between my sites when issuing show sdwan bfd sessions.

Could my problem be incompatible software versions and if so how do I properly checked this.

00u1cnw4sxi7u9iQl5d7_0-1726587312104.png

The two top devices are ISR 1100 4P's and the bottom is the c8000v in AWS

thanks for any help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just performed the test this morning and the controller version was 20.12.x.x and I used a edge image of 17.9 and the sync worked correctly.

The issue was indeed a miss match in software versions between controller and edge router. Future engineers make sure to use compatible versions and to be sure check out the compatibility matrix.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

what is your controllers version? If they are lower 17.15, it will not be supported. Controllers should have higher or the same version with routers.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Hi, 

I haven’t had time to test this but I will come back and mark as correct when I have.

I didn’t have the understanding that the sdwan manager version starts with a 20 and edge devices start with a 17. Using the second numbers my controller sits at 12 and the c8000v I was trying to deploy was 15. 

Just performed the test this morning and the controller version was 20.12.x.x and I used a edge image of 17.9 and the sync worked correctly.

The issue was indeed a miss match in software versions between controller and edge router. Future engineers make sure to use compatible versions and to be sure check out the compatibility matrix.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card