cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you activate the C8000v using the day 0 config?

dodgerfan78
Level 1
Level 1

I have a day 0 configuration (ciscosdwan.cfg) for the c8000v which works well converting it to controller mode but I still have to login and enter the following:

request platform software sdwan vedge_cloud activate chassis-number <uuid> token <otp>

Can this be automated using the day 0 config as well? If so, how do I enter this in the file?

3 Replies 3

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It can be automated, If you generate and download the cloud init configuration which will include the SN and token. For cloud service provider, when you provision c8kv, this cloud-init config can be entered from custom data. You need find the equivalent field for your hypervisor’s setting.

HTH,
Lei Tian

Ok, so I have tried this but the device does not activate with vmanage unless I run the 'request platform ...' command. The top of the ciscosdwan.cfg file looks like below. Do you see any issues here? The #cloud-boothook section is after this and does work as the device is configured after it reboots. The device is online and activation works manually, it just does not seem to work when i specify the uuid and otp in the day 0 config.

Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="===============1550938231671782200=="
MIME-Version: 1.0

--===============1550938231671782200==
Content-Type: text/cloud-config; charset="us-ascii"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="cloud-config"

#cloud-config
vinitparam:
- uuid : C8K-XXXXXXX
- vbond : vbond-XXXXX.viptela.net
- org : XXXXXX
- otp : 111111111
- wanif : GigabitEthernet1

Hello, I assume you removed some sensitive information in the config; It should work as long as it's the cloud init config generated from vManage. One possible reason I can think of is the chassis number that you use to generate cloud init config file was been used before. If that's the case, you can give it a try with a new chassis number.
HTH,
Lei Tian