cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Serial.Viptela File For Registring SD-WAN vEdges For LAB Testing

Zalbarqawi
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for Serial.Viptela file for the Virtual Routers (vedge cloud/ CSR) for LAB study and learning purposes in order to upload it in the vManage and register multiple wan edges for testing and learning purposes.

Note: am building the sd-wan topology over eve-ng so all is virtual. And i dont have a cisco smart account , i have requested for a one but im not sure if they will accept my request , so is there any other way to get the viptela serial file without having a smart account..

4 Replies 4

akoukis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

if you are partner you can easily create a VA for your SD WAN lab. If you are customer your partner can create you a Smart Account.

I'm not sure if you can use a Serial.Viptela file from another topology because the vBond profile on the PnP is combined with the device PID.

Best Regards

Anestis

Zalbarqawi
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, Anestis,

I found a "serial.viptela" file online. It has many vEdge tokens but no cEdge tokens. That's alright for my testing needs. You only need to modify the "organization-name" to match the one I found online.

I managed to obtain a cEdge token from Cisco PnP. However, note that you can't use two serial files in the same lab, as you must pick one organization name per lab. Everything seems fine. Thanks!

alisubhani
Level 1
Level 1

Can you share that link where you have found "serial.viptela" file online

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

For my lab I use import from csv file (for cEdges physical) 

configuration -> devices -> WAN edge list -> upload WAN edge list

For c8000v I use payg, create payg device, after that Generate Bootstrap Configuration (cloud-Init where chassis-number will be our uuid value - and token will be our otp) and on the c8000v - request platform software sdwan vedge_cloud activate chassis-number C8K-178BXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXBC24 token 421ecxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbd53b5