cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML Cat8000v serial numbers

Kevin Sherwood
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so I've got a licensed CML product with Cat8000v nodes and I want to use them as SDWAN edge routers. I go through the initial stages of onboarding and then find I need the Chassis number and Token of a 8000v in a device list in vManage, which I don't have, how does one overcome this ?

14 Replies 14

@Kevin Sherwood this should help. https://youtu.be/HyPYLKrPPsk?t=533

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Kevin Sherwood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi BEB, not really, this is the video that references a device list (which includes the 8K chassis number and serial number) that I don't have.

husseino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can generate the list from Smart Account, assuming that the Smart account already has a controller profile matching the Org-name configured or to be configured on vManage.

I have since generated a list with my smart account but for some reason it didn't include the C8000v entries. The file only contained vEdges and CSR1000v. Any idea why the 8Ks would have dropped out of the file, as they were in the software list along with the others?

Kevin Sherwood
Level 1
Level 1

Yeh, so you need a Smart Account after I have already purchased a CML lisense !!! 

You can add c8000v via payg option

Kevin Sherwood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dijix, where do you go to do this ?

Hi, I'm testing sdwan fabric in our company lab. We want to move from legacy to sdwan and we have some c8000v on Goggle cloud and Amazone cloud. For testing I added some of c8000v routers via payg model:

1. vManage: Configuration → Devices → WAN Edge List → "Add PAYG WAN Edges,

dijix1990_0-1680494092745.png

2. After added the "PAYG Edge in the vManage" I put button "..." and chose "Generate Bootstrap Configuration"

dijix1990_1-1680494135195.png

dijix1990_2-1680494160053.png

3. You will got uuid and otp

dijix1990_3-1680494216633.png

4. On the your c8000v:

4.1 Install root certificate - request platform software sdwan root-cert-chain install bootflash:root-vBond.cer 

4.2 Configure necessary config for sdwan edge 

4.3 Add your c8000v to vManage via - request sdwan vedge-cloud activate chassis-number uuid token otp

It has 20Mb throughput without licence, but for testing it's enough

Hi

you can add C8000V through PNP portal.

1) Go to software.cisco.com and to PNP portal over there.

2) From "Controller profile" section, create vbond controller profile if you don't have it

3) From "Devices" section choose "add software device", type 8000 in <base id> section and immediately C8000V appears. As soon as it is selected, you can (and should) choose vBond profile with number of software devices you want to add

KananHuseynli_2-1680475197022.png

4) From  "Controller profiles" section, download serial numbers file by clicking "Provisioning file"

KananHuseynli_1-1680475149556.png

5) Then, serial file should be imported to vManage in Configuration > Devices section.

6) After that, in Configuration > Certifications you should see all devices from serial file (below 8000V from my list):

KananHuseynli_3-1680475454050.png

7) But, since router is Virtual, it does not have those information. You should use below command to activate (similar to vEdge cloud config):

request sdwan vedge-cloud activate chassis-number {chassis_number} token {token}

Note: variables in {} s should be taken from vmanage.

If you have properly configured initial configuration (system/sdwan/tunnel etc.) and proper connectivity between router and controllers in underlay, then router should come up in overlay SD-WAN fabric

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Kevin Sherwood
Level 1
Level 1

Kanan, yes, I have already tried this, but when I import the file I have provisioned it doesn't contain any C8000v serials at all.
It's got the vEdges and CSR1000's but for some reason the 8Ks are not showing up in the list ???

Hi Kevin,

did you add C8000V in PNP portal and select proper vBond controller profile?

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Kevin Sherwood
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, they were all in the provisioned list with the vEdges and csr1Ks.

But when I used the viptela file in my CML lab it didn't have the C8Ks ???

Hi,

I don't know how CML works, but what I know, you should add serial list to vManage device. If it contains C8000V, then you will have C8Kv in your vmanage device list.

HTH,

Amar Rajpoot
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

vManage version should be 20.4.1 or higher to support Cat8000v. Is this in place @Kevin Sherwood ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card