cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Edge won't try to install CC with vSmart via mpls

fractal90
Level 3
Level 3

I noticed a strange thing, in our branch there are 3 channels, 2 Internet channels and one mpls (l3vpn), I see that through two Internet channels connections are established with vsmart, but for some reason there are no such connections via mpls (l3vpn) .. edge and sees vsmart through mpls, no firewalls. 

and in general how to do it right? I have one interface on vsmart in vpn0, this is mpls, vpn0 contains 2 routes, one route 0.0.0.0/0 to the mpls address of the border router that makes pat, the second narrower route looks directly at the border router mpls or it will be correct to make 2 interfaces on vSmart, one to the Internet via nat the second mpls?

5 Replies 5

svemulap@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The key is to make sure MPLS Circuit can get out to the internet.
Typically, MPLS provider backhauls the (customer) traffic to their InternetGW, to reach the public facing controllers, hosted in the cloud.
May want to check with your provider to see if they have internet reachability/exit.

Hope it helps.

no, the provider only gives us the connectivity of our points via l3vpn (mpls), we provide access to the Internet ourselves

Need Details.
Please Check: https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/sd-wan-routers-troubleshoot-control-connections/ta-p/3813237
If you need additional help, open a Cisco TAC Case.

I checked it, in history there are no attempts to establish CC to vSmart via mpls, only default, do I need to additionally bring the mpls channel to vBond in addition to the Internet?

fractal90
Level 3
Level 3

my scheme

sdwan.JPG