cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I fetch packet capture from aws deployed router

mabinvattothu
Level 1
Level 1

How can I fetch packet capture from aws deployed router and fetch to my pc as a pcap

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

May be TFTP / SCP ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Hi,

use EPC (embedded packet capture) with "monitor capture" commands and export to .pcap in local disk (bootflash).

Most probably you have access to device via SSH, so SCP will work for you. If for some reason you manage only locally, you can create guestshell inside router and export .pcap capture file to S3 (your EC2 machine i.e router will need IAM role to access S3).

Above is described in this doc:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/csr1000/software/aws/b_csraws/enabling_the_guest_shell.html

Basically, guest linux shell is created which has its own IP and router is next-hop for that "linux box" (virtually in the background which is 192.168.x.x in the doc) then this virtual interface is NAT-ed to outside interface over which S3 is reachable (that outside interface should be in "public subnet" which means you have public IP for that interface via IGW or in "private subnet" but Nat GW is enabled).

If you also don't have internet access from router (router is in private subnet without NAT), then you may deploy S3 gateway endpoint (free) or interface endpoint (costly).

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

May be TFTP / SCP ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

use EPC (embedded packet capture) with "monitor capture" commands and export to .pcap in local disk (bootflash).

Most probably you have access to device via SSH, so SCP will work for you. If for some reason you manage only locally, you can create guestshell inside router and export .pcap capture file to S3 (your EC2 machine i.e router will need IAM role to access S3).

Above is described in this doc:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/csr1000/software/aws/b_csraws/enabling_the_guest_shell.html

Basically, guest linux shell is created which has its own IP and router is next-hop for that "linux box" (virtually in the background which is 192.168.x.x in the doc) then this virtual interface is NAT-ed to outside interface over which S3 is reachable (that outside interface should be in "public subnet" which means you have public IP for that interface via IGW or in "private subnet" but Nat GW is enabled).

If you also don't have internet access from router (router is in private subnet without NAT), then you may deploy S3 gateway endpoint (free) or interface endpoint (costly).

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.