cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to determine variable format when using APIs for SDWAN

damoloney
Level 1
Level 1

With regards to SDWAN I have created my device and feature templates.  within the feature template I have several device specific variables I have created.   This variables may be in the form of dotted decimal IP, CIDR, numeric, interface, word string etc.

It appears the code does do checks for variables in that if you are entering a Loopback address it expects a.b.c.d/yy.  If not in that format it will pop up and error when using the vManage GUI.

Is there anything that tells you what the variable format should be or does a person just have to know it?

We are trying to automate our SDWAN using APIs and when the variables are pulled down, there appears to be nothing that indicates what is expected from a formatting perspective.

As an example of the variables:

/500/vpn-intf-svi1-name/interface/if-name                Vlan100
/500/vpn-intf-svi1-name/interface/description           DATA VLAN SVI
/500/vpn-intf-svi1-name/interface/ip/address            1.1.1.1/28
/500/vpn-intf-svi1-name/interface/dhcp-helper         10.21.245.20,10.32.87.132
/500/vpn-intf-svi1-name/interface/shutdown              FALSE

there really isn't much in the way of context.   does a person just have to know what vManage is expecting?  Or is there something we can pull that tells what type of input variable is required?

We are creating an inhouse tool that uses APIs to interface between the Engineer and vManage.  As part of that tool we are wanting to make sure the user if entering data in the correct format it prompts them.   So far the only thing I can see is going through each of the variables manually and making that determination.

0 Replies 0

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card