cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS upgrade too slow via TLOC extension

JediLord
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.. I regularly need to upgrade Viptela ios via vManage. Most of the times , I need to upgrade ios of both Primary & Secondary router using only the link connected to secondary router. So Primary router will use the secondary router link using TLOC extension. Everytime I notice that the download speed of ios in Primary router during the upgrade process is very slow and takes a lot of time. The same ios download in secondary router is much quicker. The speed test in Primary router via TLOC extension  (for the link connected to secondary router) is good and shows full bandwidth. Then why is the ios upgrade using TLOC extension so slow? Is there anyway to improve it? Thanks a lot in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

do you have shaper configuration on the secondary router? And normally what is utilization on interface on the secondary router?

As I understand, you use overlay interface for upgrade (thus tunnel interface is involved). The reason for normal speed in case of the secondary router can be the fact that local control traffic is mapped to Queue0 which is LLQ. But for other router (through TLOC extension), traffic is forwarded as normal data traffic and is mapped to other queue and either shaped locally or policed on ISP side (due to congestion/ usage on WAN interface of secondary).

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi,

do you have shaper configuration on the secondary router? And normally what is utilization on interface on the secondary router?

As I understand, you use overlay interface for upgrade (thus tunnel interface is involved). The reason for normal speed in case of the secondary router can be the fact that local control traffic is mapped to Queue0 which is LLQ. But for other router (through TLOC extension), traffic is forwarded as normal data traffic and is mapped to other queue and either shaped locally or policed on ISP side (due to congestion/ usage on WAN interface of secondary).

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: